A Career at Delmarva Design Center
Join Our Team!
Job Title: Flooring Sales
To provide a superior level of Customer Service that demonstrates flexibility, reliability, and responsiveness that meets or exceeds our customers’ expectations.
- Evaluating client needs and creating aesthetically pleasing interior spaces with flooring.
- Review client’s design or architectural blueprints, evaluating their needs.
- Selecting color schemes, styles, themes, and layouts to bring the approved design to life.
- Staying up to date with the latest trends.
- Ensuring that the clients’ message has been conveyed and that they are satisfied with the result.
- Coordinate sales process working with schedules, selections, purchase orders, and warranty requests from the Builders and retail customers.
- Develop an extensive knowledge of product base through in-person and online training.
- Take on site measurements of residential and commercial spaces to accurately determine a materials list.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Required to sit for long periods of time with or without accommodation.
Typical office environment. The noise level is usually moderate. Work shifts may vary from standard business hours which are Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm and Saturdays 10:00am to 3:00pm (rotational basis)
(Education, Experience and Skills)
- High school diploma or GED, some college courses beyond high school are a plus
- 1-3+ years of experience in the flooring industry is preferred
- Good understanding of colors, themes, styles, and layouts
- A positive attitude and the ability to work effectively with all levels of employees within DDC and our network, as well as with vendors and the public
- Excellent creative, communication, and organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to participate as a team player
- Attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to understand and utilize Windows 10, Outlook, Office 365, and other software used within the company